I woke up this morning with my skin feeling a little dry and tired especially my knees, heels and elbows. They are starting to look like they belong to an old man 🙁
With that lovely image in mind I decided an exfoliation was in order! Instead of a trip to the spa, I thought I’d save the cash for another excursion on our travels and make my own body scrub 🙂
Luckily for me my husband is a coffee fanatic. He travels with an aeropress and a hand grinder, so a coffee scrub was a workable option.
Side note: At the moment we are drinking Three Corner Coffee which is a local Cambodian coffee. Great taste but we prefer it as a long black opposed to an espresso, as it packs a hell of a punch!
After our morning coffee I got on with operation exfoliation! So ‘ere ya go!
How to make a Coffee Body Scrub:
Supplies I used (Luckily all within our hotel room!):
- Glass and teaspoon for mixing
- Ground Coffee (straight out of the aeropress)
- 3 sachets of brown sugar (also in our hotel room)
- Coconut oil – I use coconut oil as a moisturiser so always have it with me.
For those of you who are reading this and would like to try it at home –
- Olive oil and any organic sugar works as well.
- Add some honey if your skin is super dry.
- And vanilla extract to make it smell super yummy!
Important Note: With any homemade product always test it on a small patch of skin. Incase of any allergic reactions!
I didn’t worry too much about exact measurements. I did a bit of guesswork and I went with feel and texture 🙂
- Add the coffee, sugar and about a teaspoon of coconut oil into the glass.
- Use the teaspoon to mix the ingredients until the consistency’s a bit sludgy.
How to Use:
- On damp skin, massage the scrub in circular motions.
- Leave for a few minutes.
- Rinse of with warm water and a cloth or sponge.
I find that homemade coffee and chocolate body scrubs are best used in the shower than the bath. Unless you like bathing in, what I can only describe as dirty brown water! Not to mention it’s a bitch to clean!
So that’s about it to silky smooth skin on the go!
Feeling comfortable in my own skin again I’m ready to take on the world!
Like it? Share it!